Data protection Policies
Phoenix therapy complies with both the data protection act 1998, and also the new European legislation GDPR.
Brian Turner acts as both Data Controller, and the Data Protection Officer for Phoenix therapy Ltd.
For a copy of the data protection policy, and for all data protection requests, please write to:
Brian Turner, Phoenix therapy Ltd, c/o Marie Szczepanski, SFB Group, 19 King Street, Wakefield, WF1 2SQ.
A) You agree to the use of some or all of the following treatments for therapeutic reasons at a the cost stated. The price will not increase, unless there is a break of more than three months between appointments.
B) You accept that the treatment is offered on the basis of the information you supply, and affirm that this has been complete and truthful.
C) You accept that an agreement to work on the issues presented does not imply that a particular outcome of therapy can be guaranteed and that fees charged are for the therapist's time.
D) Non attendance: appointments can be rescheduled and cancelled – 24 hours notice is required. If you fail to attend without notice you will be liable to pay the full cost of the session.
E) You are free to withdraw from therapy at any time. Any charges will be subject to item (D).
F) If you arrive more than 5 minutes late you may have to shorten or reschedule your appointment
G) Anti social behaviour will cause the immediate cessation of treatment.
H) The information that you provide will be kept confidential unless one of the following applies:
• There is a legal obligation to share the information e.g. when the Children’s Act applies or a warrant / court order is issued.
• You demonstrate you are a danger to yourselves or others,
• If you say you have committed a serious crime, (such as financing or committing an act of terrorism, drug or human trafficking, money laundering) If you have committed these acts I am legally bound to break confidentiality and I will do so without informing you that this has occurred.
I) If you have been referred by your GP or employer, or if I am working with you as part of a care team, I will share prearranged levels of information with appropriately agencies. I may use our work in a supervisory setting; this information will be kept confidential and you will remain anonyms throughout any communication with any clinical supervisor.
J) If you have any problems, questions or complaints about your therapy, you agree to talk with me about them first. If we can't resolve the situation satisfactorily, then you have access to the formal complaints procedure of the following organisations.
When you agree to enter a contract with Phoenix therapy, you also agree to the following terms and conditions about how your data is stored and used.
- All data is securely kept as per the recommendations and legislation set out by GDPR, the ICO and data protection laws.
- Your data will be kept for approximately 7 years, this is for insurance and professional body reasons. After the seven-year period, your data will be securely destroyed.
- All session notes will be secured in a locked filing cabinet for the duration of the seven-year period. All data secured on an electronic device which would be insurance documentation, anonymous statistical data for charities, etc will be encrypted with a unique password both on the relevant document and on the company's cloud.
- Confidentiality may be breached if it is within the public interest to do so as mentioned in the aforementioned section. i.e. you prove to be a danger to yourself or others, you have committed a serious crime, or a crime involving children.
- If confidentiality has to be breached legally, the client will not be informed of the breach for the safety of Phoenix therapy staff.
- If the client wishes us to release or share information, for example, to provide evidence for the benefits tribunal, then a written letter must be provided which is signed and dated with specific instructions as to which information is to be revealed and to whom.
- All matters regarding data protection will be referred to Brian Turner, who will be acting as the data controller for Phoenix therapy Ltd.
- A copy of the data protection policy may be made available to you upon your request.
- All requests regarding data protection, must be made in writing on a signed letter addressed to Brian Turner, Phoenix therapy, C/O Marie S 19 King Street, Wakefield, WF1 2SQ. All requests will be dealt with within a 28 day period.
- If you are a client who is under the age of 16, and does not conform with the Gillick competency laws, then this part of the contract will have to be signed by an appropriate adult or legal guardian.